Friday, October 3, 2008

Great News!!!

Just this week I received my first invitation to interview for PA school!!! I am interviewing at Midwestern University in Glendale, AZ on November 13th. I am so relieved to get one interview and it is pretty early to be interviewing so I am thinking it's a good sign.

For those who are unfamiliar with the application process I will explain what this means. When applying to PA school you first complete the central application service's application which you designate to be sent to those schools to which you want to apply. Once that's done then you send in applications for the schools, individually and this may include GRE scores, transcripts and another essay. Once that's received they decide if they want to meet you. If so, they call you for an interview. You go to the campus and meet with them in person for a day during which they decide if they like you even more. Then they let you know (weeks or maybe months down the road) if they will admit you.

I am really stoked about this because two schools have already notified me that they won't be considering me until they receive my fall grades. I figured that the schools would all take this position, but apparently not. I feel very blessed and this is a much needed confidence booster during a long and challenging semester.

School is going fine. I am doing well in my classes and Matthew is too. We just work our cans off almost everyday so we find we are tired and moody from time to time :).

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first interview! I know what a hectic process the application part can be. We live in Mesa right now (not too far from Glendale) and have friends going to Midwestern dental school. You are welcome to stay with us if you want. when is the interview?
    P.S. I just learned you know my brother's old girlfriend, Stacy Bayles Clark.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you got an interview!!!! yahoooo!!!! that is GREAT!!!!! I am glad you two can work ur butts off together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you. Your are such a good student and smart person I was never worried about you getting into PA School.
    Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! It sounds like you're doing great. Sorry, I lost you. I went through this confusing way of going private then public again but tried to keep my blog name random for heightened privacy...yada, yada. Anyhow, here is my new blog address:

    www.sometimessasmine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats, Michelle! This is HUGE! You deserve all the success in the world. I'll be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job Michelle that's so exciting. I am a fan of Arizona:)

    ReplyDelete