Thursday, October 30, 2008

Garden City Community Clinic


Every Thursday afternoon I head over to Garden City, nestled in the middle of Boise, and spend an hour or two volunteering at the Garden City Community Clinic. This clinic is run by Genesis World Mission which provides charity health care services domestically and abroad. It is a great non-profit organization which has a non-denominational Christian background and it's one of my favorite places to volunteer because the staff and volunteers really seem to have the spirit of what we are doing so everyone is happy.

My job is to meet with the new patients and go over their financial documents to ensure that they are eligible for our free services. It's a pretty simple process and when I have determined that they are eligible, I make a new patient file to keep their medical records in. It's an easy job but I love going and being a part of this great organization. When I am a P.A. I am planning to stick with this organization and continue to volunteer. They also have opportunities to go abroad and serve. Within the last few years they have opened clinics in Kenya and India, which I think is pretty neat! Just thought I would share something I do each week.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that does sound super cool and what a fun way to volunteer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that is AWESOME!! thanks for telling us about it! I am so interested in it.

    ReplyDelete