Sunday, October 12, 2008

Faith

I like to listen to the A Prairie Home Companion podcasts when I am riding the bus to campus. On the way home the other day I listened to one and got this little tidbit of philosophy that I think is somewhat profound:

"I used to think that faith was sort of like a building block and you'd put all these blocks together and you'd build a house, sort of like the little pig built that the wolf could not blow down. And now I get older and I feel that faith is a matter of surrender. It's a matter of just giving up and leaving that house, just walking out and experiencing the cold and the rain and doubt and confusion, and trying to keep up your hope and some sense of gratitude. If you just keep up hope and gratitude then maybe that's all you need."

Garrison Keillor, A Prairie Home Companion

1 comment:

  1. great quote!!!!!!!!!!! yeah, so I realized I was "older" when I was listening to talk radio.

    ReplyDelete