Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Thrift Store Finds

My husband's brother's family gave us this collection of antique silverware for Christmas. You probably don't know, but Matthew and I have been collecting silver-plated silverware for a few years and plan on using it when we have our own place again. I love the way these pieces are arranged in the box. This way we can display it until we want to use it! Thanks, J, C, N, L, R & E Williams!

I bought these canisters at a thrift store in Boise because I loved the red leaf printing on the side. They are white ceramic jars with wodden tops. I am going to refinish the tops with either paint or stain, I haven't decided.



These are the exact Christmas cookie cutters my mom has so I was very excited to find them at the same thrift store on a different day. The set was a mere $.53.

2 comments:

  1. stain them!!!! and I love metal cookie cutters. I've decided not to buy plastic ones any more!

    ReplyDelete