Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Crafts!!!

These are crafts that I made for the holidays this year. I have been really excited about doing this post but I had to hold off because many of these crafts were presents for my blog readers.

Slippers
These were made for Solomon, my sisters 8-month-old. They are lined with polar fleece. I found a great pattern with instructions here.





These were going to be for my brother-in-law but Matthew ended up likeing them so well that I gave them to him. They are made from 100% lambswool sweaters from a thrift store that have been felted. After the wool is felted you just cut out your slipper pattern. I used one from MarthaStewart.com, which is an ankle-height slipper but when I made the first slipper I decided that it was too floppy and didn't stay on well. That's when I decided to make them tall.



I made matching green slippers for my sister and her husband.
















Pillows
The pillows were made for my parents and Matthew's parents. I embroidered the design on a piece of muslin. Good pillow inserts can be purchased from Pottery Barn for a very reasonable price. These are 18" pillows.














Advent Calendar
This has been my biggest project this fall. I think I logged about 60 hours on this calendar alone so be cautious before taking on a project like this one. I found the stitching designs at various sites on the internet and some are even Microsoft Word clipart. Each of the squares are pockets but I haven't yet made something to move along each day from pocket to pocket. If you would like to see detail shot of the embroidery click here.

6 comments:

  1. All are very cute--I'm impressed! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great presents! I love doing handmade gifts. Looks like you put tons of time into them. Hope you had a good Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my! michelle you have been so busy. these are so amazing. i think my fave are the green socks! that advent is so impressive!

    happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my! michelle you have been busy! i love them all. but my favorite is the green pair!

    that advent is impressive.

    happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your creative inclinations continually amaze me, Michelle! Thanks soooo much for the beautiful pillow - I love it!
    Mom W.

    ReplyDelete
  6. goodness!!! I feel like I haven't seen you like this since you made a quilt for your self.

    ReplyDelete