Sunday, February 24, 2008

Can't say I agree with Kipp

My title is an allusion to Kipp's provocative song "I love technology..." at the end of Napoleon Dynamite. This weekend I undertook the task of reformatting my computer's hard drive. I am proud to say that I am posting right now using the computer that I just reformatted so it didn't go all that badly. Everything worked just fine and after downloading seven years of Windows XP updates (which took most of the day) it has everything it needs...except the internet!

I have a wireless adapter that plugs into the USB port and it will not be recognized by XP now. You know when you plug in your iPod or USB drive and Windows pops something up that says "Hey, I see you plugged something in!"--it's not doing that. It will recognize my iPod but not this little beauty that supplies the internet.

I realize after reading countless geek threads that this problem is not uncommon, however, I don't posses the ability to understand what the geeks are saying to do to fix it. By the way, when I say "geek" you have to understand that I am holding them with much respect at this moment because they could probably solve my problem if they were here with me right now.

My apologies for the self-indulgent post.

3 comments:

  1. That's pretty impressive, I could never do something like that. Good luck solving your problem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that i what posts are for.
    user support forums can never replace having a knowledgeable person stand behind you and explain what to do. alas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tag you, Michelle. See my blog for details!

    ReplyDelete