Saturday, February 2, 2008

Are you stressed?

In my psychology studies today I came across an interesting thing called the Social Readjustment Rating Scale. Basically it operates under the idea that life changes create stress and chronic stress leads to illness. So you take the test to determine your stress level and therefore your proclivity to illness. The scoring works like this: 0-149=No significant problems; 150-199=Mild life crisis (33 percent chance of illness); 200-299=Moderate life crisis (50 percent chance of illness); 300 and above=Major life crisis (80 percent chance of illness). I took the test and scored 404! Overall, I feel like I am in good health considering I am in a "major life crisis." :)

If you want to see what your score is, there is an online version of the test. It only takes about 2 minutes.

I am curious to hear your scores. My guess is almost everyone is in some state of crisis. This might be a good marketing tool for psychotherapists. :)

10 comments:

  1. Look at you mixing marketing and psychology together! You brilliant girl, you! Anyway, I just wanted to say 'hi'. So HI!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I scored a 121 but I really expected it to be a lot higher than that. I deffinatley stress WAY too much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you need to come relax in WI you can but just to warn you I am in a crisis myself! Funny b/c I feel fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 181...guess I'm ok. But talk to me in another 6-8 months and I'm sure I'll be WAY up there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got a 154 :). Mild life crisis. I guess that makes sense since I will be delivering a baby in about 3 weeks, but nothing else really major to report.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, so I scored an 81, but mainly because all of our changes occurred like 13 months ago (moving, new job, finishing school, etc.). If I took this again in 6 months, I'm sure it'd be sky high (moving, Dave's new job, need to make new friends, etc.).

    ReplyDelete
  7. 254
    We took this in our health class too. CRAZY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Michelle,
    Sit down and take a deep breath before you read on! I scored 40!
    You may want to trade places with your dear old mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Sweetie,
    I'm over twiced as stressed as your mother, I scored a 92!
    Love, Dad

    ReplyDelete