Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Matthew's Birthday Trip

Every year it is a challenge to figure out what would make a special birthday for Matthew and this year was no exception seeing as we are living in a new place and don't know a lot of peopleMatthew celebrated his 3*th birthday last week.  I made a Peach Raspberry Buckle for dessert which turned out pretty tasty (if I do say so myself ;).  

This weekend we went to Denver for a mini-vacation.  It was Free Day at the Denver Zoo so we enjoyed a winter day at the zoo which is something I've never done before.  This picture of Matthew with the giraffes in the background  was taken in the same spot where I was sneezed on by a giraffe as a kid.  The giraffe was leaning over the rail and there were a bunch of kids standing close to get a look, then all of a sudden the giraffe sneezed  cover us in giraffe snot--gross!  I cried and cried but my family thought it was hilarious! 


It snowed on us at the zoo on Saturday and put a couple of inches over Denver.  Sunday we went to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.

The 3D IMAX movie "Under the Sea" was awesome and the glasses turn anyone into a Cee-Lo look-alike.

3 comments:

  1. Very Cee-Lo. Happy Bizel Matizzle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I don't speak Spanish but I think I understood most of this blog post. I'm very happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feliz Cumpleaños, Mateo. Voy tener triente y * años tambien esta año. Denver looked fun, but if you need some sun, come see us in California!

    If you like, you can follow my active blog at jhammari.blogspot.com (I saw you have a link to a blog we aren't using in your list to the right - found yours through Rachael's). Love to see what you guys are up to.

    Best,
    Josh

    ReplyDelete