Monday, July 7, 2008

Paul Revere

When Matthew and I visited Boston last year we traced the ride of Paul Revere. I was really impressed by this story and surprised by how little I knew about it. Everyone knows the "one if by land, two if by sea" and "The British are coming! The British are coming!" parts but there is a lot more depth .

I encourage you to read about it on Wikipedia or wherever else you like to search for that type of info. Paul Revere was only one part of the sequence of events that could have changed the course of history. After learning more about "The shot heard round the world" I have a greater respect for those patriots who made a leap of faith--I think you will too. I am thankful to live in United States and for our revolutionary and founding fathers that created this great nation. God bless America!

1 comment: