Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Comments

I know a lot of you are bloggers so I am passing this along. I have been getting comments left on my blog by users I don't know. They contain links and the links download viruses to your computer if you click on them. To protect against my readers and me from clicking on the bad links I have enabled the function that requires comments to be reviewed by me before they are posted. You might want to do the same on your blog if you are having problems. It just started with my last entry.

:( Some jerks have a lot of time to spread viruses.

6 comments:

  1. No way! What a bummer. Do you think I should do the same thing even though my blog is private?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've also heard that if you add one of those things where you have to write in the squiggled word, it prevents those type of comments (since often those comments are actually left by bots and computer programs that just crawl through sites). Moderating comments is probably a good idea, regardless, though! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the info, I hadn't heard of that happening. People can be so thoughtless sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle,
    Did you guys get the invitation for dinner next Friday? We're just trying to find out how many are going to make it. Hopefully we'll see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Michelle,
    That's so great that you guys will be able to make it on Friday. I think we're going to change it to Chili's by the mall, on Franklin. Hopefully you get this, I'll have Jeff track down your phone number so we can make sure. See you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete