Sunday, November 18, 2007

Back With a Plan

I apologize for the lack of entries on both of my blogs these past few months. You see, a road trip that was supposed to take one month, ended up taking two. We really enjoyed the past trip though and we'll have pictures and a recap on the travel blog in a few days...finally!

I am glad to be settling back into a more stable lifestyle and I've made a few decisions that I am looking forward to starting on. The first is that I am trying to get a temp job at one of the retail stores here in Boise for the holidays. This is something I haven't ever done but since we will be around here for both Thanksgiving and Christmas this year it seems like something kind of fun. Tomorrow I have three interviews so I will keep you posted on how it goes.

Secondly, I have decided to go back to school in January and work towards a Physician's Assistant degree. This is a big, unexpected change but I feel like this career would give me more flexibility later on in life and give me something that you don't always get working in marketing--a feeling that you are helping people. So in January I'll become a BSU Bronco for a year while I do prerequisite classes. If any of you know of any PAs in the Boise area please let me know because as part of this, I would like to shadow some to get to know exactly what I am getting into.

5 comments:

  1. Holiday shoppers are CRRRAZY!!! Good luck, I hope something works out....discounts are worth the awful hours! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA YEAH. finding out what your getting into would be good :) I am really impressed with your decision, go GIRL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay...glad that you're back and that you had a fun trip! Just make sure you get a job at a store where you'd enjoy a discount. Congrats on your big decision; you'll do great!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow a PA! That's going to be so crazy! And good luck! I was stalking your sister's blog and I realized that her baby is due only a week after mine! Check out our blog...it's aaronandheidi.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's great Michelle! I'm excited for you! I worked at American Eagle over the holidays a few years back and it was by far my favorite time of the year as far as work went. People seemed so much more like they wanted your help! I hope you found something you like!

    ReplyDelete