Friday, March 5, 2010

Easy Baby Quilt and Applique Burp Cloth


































This is a baby quilt and burp cloth I made as a gift for a friend (Ethney, hope you're not checking my blog the night before your shower!)

The print is a Michael Miller print I found at JoAnn's and the backing is solid brown flannel. It's a simple pattern--sew two rectangles with wrong sides together. Turn it right sides out and iron. In my copious amounts of class time I quilted around the big flowers.

I appliqued some flowers onto the burp cloth using fusible webbing and bordered it with a decorative stitch on my sewing machine.

It was a fun project and it went together quickly!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Really cute and what a great idea I never thought you would turn out so domestic when we were kids.:-)

    ReplyDelete