Friday, February 6, 2009

Goodreads

My wonderful friend KaLee just introduced me to the Goodreads website. It's a place where friends can share books they are reading and get recommendations. I think this is great because I am always looking for a good book to read. So if you are interested please create an account and add me to your friends. I don't like mass emailing people info like this so this is my invitation.

Here's my latest review of Joseph Smith: Rough Stone Rolling:

Joseph Smith: Rough Stone Rolling Joseph Smith: Rough Stone Rolling by Richard L. Bushman


My review


rating: 4 of 5 stars
I was intrigued by the title of this book and I have found it to be very appropriate. This book, written by a practicing Mormon, is a great account of the prophet's life. He gives plenty of background information which helps the reader to understand the influences of both the period and his unique family situation that may have played a roll in his decisions.



It is a long book and it's written by a historian so you can get a little bogged down with it. I've been working on it for just over a year now and I'm almost finished. It's a good book to have on the shelf to pick up when you feel like it but I wouldn't attempt to charge straight through it.


View all my reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment